London (change)
Today 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
3 messages
02/09/2013 at 19:59

Hi guys. I'm sure lots of us got the 48 free perennials from the gw magazine in August. I just wondered what people where doing with them? I've read that planting perennials in the ground in October time is normally good, so I'm growing on the small plants in 9cm pots and plan to plant them in the borders mid October, then out down a mulch when they disappear and it gets colder. Just wondered what people thought of my plan, and what you were doing with yours. Thanks, Dave

ps I'm nw England 

02/09/2013 at 22:15

Hi I got the same offer, the penstemon s all died which was my fault..long story. The rest are doing well potted into small individual pots sitting in my cold frame. I live in the NE and will keep them in pots over the winter. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't survive in my garden being so small currently about 2 inches tall so they will be given tlc till the Spring.

03/09/2013 at 10:38

Hi Bilje, thanks for the reply, I wondered if my post heading looked a bit like spam after I published it! I think I might need to invest in a bigger growhouse if I want to keep them safe out of the ground over the winter!

email image
3 messages