Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

a couple of IDs please

nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

This viburnum has never had a name, bought cheap, lost label, years ago. Out now, fantastic scent, semi evergreen but the leaves turn red in autumn

and this one which I think is a petasites or near relation. Very white in flower to start with, then goes pinkish, about 2 foot tall. Invasive in a friend's garden where it came from but diminishing in mine, probably too dry in summer. 

In the sticks near Peterborough

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Oh nut, FGS, if you don't know...... how on earth do we.?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

I was thinking the same thing Fidgetbones.  If our guru doesn't know, there is no hope imageimageimage

Hope someone is able to help Nutcutlet.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

image fidget,

I did wonder about x burkwoodii aym but there are so many out there and I don't know the diffeences. It's not likely to be anything unusual though, given its originsimage

Viburnem burkwoodii would be in flower now.

image fidget,

I did wonder about x burkwoodii aym but there are so many out there and I don't know the diffeences. It's not likely to be anything unusual though, given its originsimage

This is today's pic fidget, it's out. It's had a few flowers since NYD, it was on the flower count

aym, there are thousands I don't knowimage

But I'm working on itimage

• LandlubberLandlubber Posts: 396

no idea....image

image Landlubber

Hilliers book describes x burkwoodii as dark shiny leaves, Brown grey felted beneath, fragrant white flower clusters, pink in bud. Flowers January to May.

Roger Philips and Martin rix describe it as  deciduous shrub to 2.5 m, leaves I hate to Lancelot, flowers scented, 12mm across, .

Other possibility is Viburnum x carlcephalum

.hee hee autocorrect changes that to cataclysmic.