Start a new thread
Orchid Lady

Great pics Stacey, my Sedum doesn't look like that though so I wonder if that's what it is?

nutcutlet

sorry Stacey, I called you Tracey  very rude to call folks by the wrong name

Orchid Lady

My mum was going to call me Stacey nut.......if I was a boy  So glad I was born a girl! imagine the stick I would have got 

Jack 3

Nice photo's, think I'll be expanding how much sedum I have.

Dovefromabove

I shall take some cuttings of sedums for the Garden Aid project - sedums certainly won't have survived being under feet of gungy water, and it'll be important to have nectar rich plants to help re-establish colonies of pollinating insects in the flooded areas. 

Advertisement

Fairygirl

There are different types of Sedum Tracey. The ones we've been looking at here are commonly called Iceplants and have  flat heads of hundreds of tiny pink/red flowers on a long stem like in Stacey's pix. There are also low growing  sedums commonly called Stonecrop. They're the ones you can use for 'green' roofs. Sedum 'Acre' is the common one with yellow flowers but there's loads of varieties. Perhaps that's  the type you have?

nutcutlet
Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

My mum was going to call me Stacey nut.......if I was a boy  So glad I was born a girl! imagine the stick I would have got 

Nearly as bad as  'A Boy named Sue'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY

(in case it's before your time)

Orchid Lady

I know the one Nut and yes that would definitely have been me, it had something to do with Stacey Keach I believe!!!

nutcutlet
Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

I know the one Nut and yes that would definitely have been me, it had something to do with Stacey Keach I believe!!!

I had to google him

Orchid Lady

Me too, but that's what my mum said!!!  

Sedums respond well to the Chelsea chop and will reward you by extending there growing season. thanks for the photos Stacey 

Dovefromabove

Sedum spectablile (aka ice plant)  is the one that responds well to the Chelsea Chop, 

gardenning granny

I have split my tall sedum (spectabile) into smaller chunks and they do well in the very dry conditions in my Languedoc rockface garden - just bloom a little earlier than in England.  I get different butterflies there!

Orchid Lady

Mine is a Sedum Autumn Joy, I've found a pic online