Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

agapanthus

Bob27Bob27 Posts: 1

not all, but 2/3 of the flowering stems develop with a bend in them and what appears to be another flower head albeit of a diminutive size any clues?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I've got one which did the same this year, but no idea why.

I'm sure it'll be fine and no permanent damage done.

Devon.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Same here, but I don't expect perfection in my garden, there's always something not quite right!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,656

Two of my plants haven't any flowers on them at all. I didn't get any flowers on them last year either but the other two plants are fine. Any idea why.

• FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72

This year mine started strong, flowering well stem after stem. Then nothing for 2 weeks but healthy foliage was abundant. then a week ago they put up one flower stem each and promptly all died, The foliage rapidly turned yellow and wilted and I can see several flowering stems just peeking through the soil ready to shoot up but these too have turned yellow and have not moved above the soil.  No idea why, no pests I can see.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

they can be attacked by vine weevil. If they're in pots, have a look inside.

Devon.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,656

Oh will do Hosta......they are in pots image

• FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
    Mine are also in pots, I will go and poke around. Thanks Hostafan1 x