Start a new thread

1 to 17 of 17 replies

CluelessGardener

Alternative plant

Hello and good morning everyone well this week only Wednesday so for the last two day I’ve been cutting my hedge and I think I’ve made a small dent in the garden 12 trips to the local tip with garden waste (big trailer) and a car boot full as well I’ve even found a car front end in a corner of the garden LOL.

Any way I would like to find a plant similar to Livings stone daisy that is Perennial but I can’t think of any? Colour I’m after is blue and pink for a border to my front garden.

James  

Berghill

Blue is hard but pink is easy. There are various Lamprnathus in pink and Delosperma. Mind none of these Mesambrainthemum type plats are truly hardy.

CluelessGardener

Berghill thank you 

what about blue and yellow or white ?? 

James

CluelessGardener

Orange and purple is the colour I think I'm going for 

But I didn't get a colour wheel can some one post a pic of it ??

James 

Busy-Lizzie

Is this what you mean? You can find them on Google.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9kWYbyozkaA/UWfLYaYQ2dI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/jLb-bmndAKs/s320/colourwheel01.gif

Advertisement

James if blue is colour you want consider lithordora heavenly blue.  It's evergreen, tough amd has gentian blue flowers in spring and summer. It has a liking for acid soils but I grow it here perfectly well on my neutral soil.  

As already,said Mesembryanthemums are not really hardy in most places....they are here......and need perfect drainage.  

CluelessGardener

I have bought some plug plants Papaver 'DOUBLE TANGERINE GEM' and would like a dark Blue daisy like plant to go with it or even a corn flower that will flower at the same time as the Papaver the flowering posion is full sun 

I also have bought some Koi flowers that are so so fantastic and ORANGE they are the star in my garden. I've never see anything like them before

James 

CluelessGardener

Opps and thank you Lizzie and Verdun for the kind responce thank you

James

addict

James what is a Koi flower? Just googled and all I got was pretty pics of fish and tatoos!!!! 

CluelessGardener

I have posted a photo of this plant in what's the star in your garden 

James

chicky

You can get some quite vivid blues with veronicas - there Is a thread of them (with pics) from a couple of days ago. They are spiky rather than daisy like, but would give you the right colour

Blue?  Daisy?  Aster frikartii monch is your perfect solution   Check it out james

addict
James Hodds wrote (see)

I have posted a photo of this plant in what's the star in your garden 

James

Aha Geum. One of my faves. Didn't know there was one called Koi.

Advertisement

chicky

I always class monch as purple - or at least it is in my garden.  But if that is ok for your colour scheme then aster "marie ballard" is lovely too

There are different clones of frikartii.  However, those I have ...even purchased under different names......are certainly lavender blue.  In full flower now