verbena rigida

lupin

coreopsis sunrise

Green wizard rudbeckia 

liatris

astrantia

scabiosa Beaujolais bbonnets 

and poss something else. Am

i mad to sow now, I was bored and I love pottering. I had deadheaded, weeded and edged and with nothing left I hit the 2012 collected seeds. Will I regret my actions or love it. Bearing in mind I have cuttings on the go and 3 trays of pansies germinated. (Looking like a green carpet but only seed leaves not true leaf yet!!)

20/08/2013 at 00:16

Hiya red dahlia

Very impressive.  No, you won't regret sowing those seeds.  I wouldn't sow anything else now though....just concentrate on those you already have.  They are all fairly hardy, ESP in the greenhouse over winter. Are they big enough to,prick out out yet?  If so maybe into 9cm pots.....and to keep in the greenhouse over winter.  

I love verbena Rigida....I grow it and it's the most fantastic purple plant flowering all summer.  But they are all good perennials.  

20/08/2013 at 08:50

Don't put the astrantia in the greenhouse if it hasn't germinated by winter. The chill will be ensure germination.

20/08/2013 at 08:51

Love the sound of green wizard rudbeckia!! May have to add that to my collection

20/08/2013 at 08:55

Lol just found a blog on the rudbeckia green wizard where it is referred to as "a turd on a stick" made me laugh... Still like it gonna add it to my "want"list!

20/08/2013 at 09:04

I assumed trays had all germinated.   Have,they germinated yet red dahlia?

Lyn
20/08/2013 at 22:02

Well done there dahlia, i couldnt get the astrantia going, needed to go in fridge them warm then back in fridge, i avoid those type of seeds now.

Here is a photo of my green wizard, one of them was 5ft tall

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/29645.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

21/08/2013 at 22:55

All sowed recently. Lupins showing signs of second leaf, pansies will be ready to prick in a week. Nothing else has germinated yet As they were sown on day of the post. My grand ideas are bigger than my 5ft x3ft plastic greenhouse!!!

i have cuttings and baby plants of more astrantia, fuschia, gayser, lythrum,scabious, coreopsis too. Hope they will overwinter as baby plants!!!

30/08/2013 at 20:30

Lupins are due to be potted up tomorrow, I have about 30 and I'm wondering what size pots to overwinter, any ideas. 

Also my pansies have true leaves so they are going to be potted for winter, what size pots???

30/08/2013 at 23:38

I would pot on into trays.......prob 12 to a tray.  

31/08/2013 at 21:06

I found some 3" pots so now have 32 lupins in those. Operation pansies on Monday when I have gathered some modular pots from friends and family. 

email image
11 messages