Start a new thread

1 to 15 of 15 replies

KathrynJane

Final ones, bit worried about small reddish brown spots on leaves (mainly round white edges) although looks generally very healthy I think, should `i be worried?  Hopefully clear enough in pics.

nutcutlet

Does the branch with what looks like a flower at the front of pic 2 belong to the variegated shrub?

figrat

The shrub looks like a pittisporum to me.

Wintersong

This one's a bit tricky isn't it?

I initially thought of Eleagnus except the flower is wrong, if the flower belongs to it

It could be Pittosporum

Wintersong

Well well, seems figrat was onto something there...

This is the flower of Pittosporum tenuifolium nigricans

Advertisement

KathrynJane

Yes close up including background leaves and the full shot are all the same plant.  I'm assuming the pinky/browny spots nothing major to worry about...? 

Thanks again all you've been so helpful. 

nutcutlet

I don't think I've ever seen a pittosprum in flower.

Woodgreen wonderboy

Are the flowers really, really small, Nut, and have I seen bees on my Pittisporum , with me wondering what on earth they were doing wasting their energy. Or was I hallucinating?

nutcutlet

Too small for me to see perhaps WW

KathrynJane

Yes they are, well kind of petit pois size??? Were lots but just at an end now, now I know what it is I'll see if I can do anything to make it happier, thanks for the advice, all so new to me!!!! Except for the marks it appears very full of life!!!! Maybe a bit of closer inspection required. Thanks again. 

I have a pittosprum that flowered for the first time I've seen this year, they are really tiny but I had loads clumped together & they look amazing, I loved it even before it flowered  & the second one I think is a veriegated weigela which has pink flowers on it

Salino

...don't forget to walk near your Pittosporum around dusk/evenings as those little chocolate flowers give off a delightful and powerful scent that wafts through the air around... you might wonder just where it's coming from...

It's been a very hard winter for a shrub like a Pittosporum.  It's probably just feeling a bit weathersore (as we all are by now!).  Give it a tonic like a liquid feed to buck it up if you like, especially if you've had a lot of rain in your area over the winter/spring as the soil might be leached of nutrients and then top dress it with some nice compost and it should be grateful for that but it looks pretty good considering.

Do you think that could be why it's flowered hollytree? I've never seen ours flower before