London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
6 messages
Lyn
03/12/2013 at 10:59

I have just planted mine, and soaked for a few hours though.

Usually, anything that is sold at any given time,can be planted when you get them,

Lyn
03/12/2013 at 17:58

I live in a very exposed part of Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor 960 ft above sea level, always windy and cold and snowy in winter.

I dont know about planting in the Spring, i always go on the fact that they sell them now,  so can be planted now. I have also planted the Blanda species too.

Maybe someone else will have some knowledge on this?.

Lyn
04/12/2013 at 18:44

They are very small, they are also quite small when the flower, i put mine 4 inches apart in little groups. Not too deep, i watched Monty plant these once, he just scratched the soil up  then put a mulch on top.

07/12/2013 at 16:12

I don't have much success with these. I thought it might be because they get thrown out with weeds but I wonder if I planted too deeply. I can't remember how deeply, I haven't tried them lately.

I don't know what strulch is

07/12/2013 at 17:38

They need light sandy soil so only do any good in raised beds for me (clay soil eveywhere else in my garden.)  For them to come back they need to be kept dry after they go dormant too.

07/12/2013 at 20:57

sounds like they have every chance! I usually just make a hole in the ground with my finger and stick them in (garden with London clay). They have come up fine, even with mulching in Autumn and strulching in spring. They are stunning.

email image
6 messages