Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anemone joy!

This winter keeps surprising me! Last week my poppies flowered again and today I have a white Anemone in flower!

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

Yes, I've got a Japanese Quince and meadow geranium in flower today. Oh, and an ornamental pear. 

• I was in Iceland Reykjavik two weeks ago and in a sheltered garden in town were dozens of antirrhinum in full bloom!. The trees were winter bare. Magic.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Anemone De Caen are showing new growth. image

• Mine are flowering KEF
  • Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

Maggie, my Antirrhinum is still flowering. It's self seeded so I have no idea what variety it is. I've got Cheddar Pinks flowering again too. They happen to be the same colour as the Anti's they're next to and the apple they're in front of. Hapenstance.  

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

sara, enjoy image 

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Maggie, I went to Iceland at Easter, loved the landscape and visited a tomato grower, geothermalllly heated (see pics on dif thread'icelandic tomatoes')... amazing.
  • I have, fuchsias, chrysanthemum and lobelia still in bloom, fuchsias are lovely