Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Another ID please

ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Can anyone tell me what this is?   Palmate leaves and white flowers just opening with a bit of green at the base of each petal.   Currently about 4' high but does get taller according to the friend who gave it to me.   She's lost the label unfortunately.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
"The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
Plato

• MrMahoniaMrMahonia Posts: 82

looks like abutilon, maybe 'lucky lantern' white

Last edited: 20 July 2016 11:01:25

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Kitaibelia vitifolia alba

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,883

A new plant on me. How beautiful!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

It's lovely, nicer than the pink, almost like a different plant.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Thanks Nut.   Would you like me to try and get some seed if it's done in time?  leaving it behind at the end of September but my friend assures me she can give me another baby to take with me which implies it comes true.

Last edited: 20 July 2016 12:38:49

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato

Thank you, that's very kind obelixx but I have a plant which I hope will seed this year. It probably did last year but I forgot to check. If it doesn't, then I would like some pleaseimage