London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 15°C
21 to 30 of 30 messages
27/06/2013 at 13:19
Forester2 wrote (see)

Don't get too upset O W as I must admit the photo is not too clear - so come out of the 'D' corner.

Aw, I was getting used to the company  - I'm still here since I identified a possible Angelica as Hogweed 

27/06/2013 at 13:28

Hehehe, I am a regular visitor to the 'D' corner so you wont ever be on your own 

In fairness...hogweed and Angelica are pretty similar are they not hehe

27/06/2013 at 13:29

Although....that would mean I would have my own personal expert 

27/06/2013 at 13:31

Dove 

Andy-RWHerb is my pet hate- vile stuff! Use Resolva (weedkiller)- works better than anything else as it works so quickly. I pull bits out when they're small annuals but the perennials take a bit of sorting once they get a hold. If it's a big area you can keep mowing it but it grows and flowers so quickly it's hard to keep up with it.. We had a terrible infestation at last house and it was next to our spring and water supply as well as all through the banks of the pond and the rest of the garden. A challenge and a half!

Oakley W - you're maybe thinking of Loosestrife- Lysimachia? Looks very similar and comes in purple (like Rosebay) and yellow and white. 

27/06/2013 at 13:38

Ahhhh, that will be it Fairygirl, thank you  Im still learning the plants. I have my herbs down to a T usually but the rest...I'm still fumbling in the dark lol 

27/06/2013 at 17:15

With pleasure O W.  Won't be till the Autumn I guess.

Oakley Witch wrote (see)

Oohhhhhh...would you be willing to do a swap nearer the time?

27/06/2013 at 18:45
Forester2 wrote (see)

With pleasure O W.  Won't be till the Autumn I guess.

Oakley Witch wrote (see)

Oohhhhhh...would you be willing to do a swap nearer the time?

Wonderful. I will keep note of that and just let me know whta you are looking for in return

Thank you

27/06/2013 at 19:00

Oakley W- I'd rather not hear about your fumbling in the dark  thanks.....

Actually the loosestrife can be quite invasive too given the right conditions. We had the yellow stuff by the pond but the bunnies kept it in check! It's a very acidic yellow so isn't a favourite of mine but it's a useful plant and very easy. The white one is much nicer I believe -  more lax and arching - but never grown it myself. 

28/06/2013 at 17:52

Oooh I have them too and I think its purple toadflax. They might be a bit weed-like but they look really pretty so who cares! 

30/06/2013 at 21:14

My collection of perennial wild flowers has all of those mentioned except the white

loostrife!  And people stand and smile with the variety of what they see as weeds.

I even have saponaria the pink flowered seed popping beauty of river banks

oxeye daisy and feverfew are the stars at the moment with red/ pink campion.

email image
21 to 30 of 30 messages