Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

anyone know what this is??11

i found this today in my garden. I have no idea what it is so i'd like to know if it's a weed or not because i kind of like it

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I think it's a weed, I hope so, as I've weeded quite a few in my time. Just wait  someone will tell us it's a wonderful plant. image

• it  has pink flowers i have some cant think of the name i will look it up

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Some sort of moss but I don't know my mosses well

Very pretty

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • it is pretty, I'm going to keep it. check my latest post because i'd like to be part of my rockery

• Looks like a moss to me too. Have a look at it through a hand lens if you have one, they are quite beautiful in close-up.

the flowers are just going over on this it is a good ground cover an is easy to remove if it spreads too far but i just cant remember its name

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Phuopsis stylosa

but, unless I've misjudged the size, I still think that's moss in Daniel's pic

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Phuopsis stylosa - it is in the gardens at the NTS property House of Dun.  

I love the smell and the bees love it. Easy enough to control.  Worth the effort. 

'Phuopsis is a mat-forming perennial with whorls of narrow, aromatic leaves and terminal clusters of small, narrowly funnel-shaped pink flowers' on RHS website.