Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone recognise this perennial?

This year I got a free packet of mixed perennial seeds from the garden centre. This plant really thrived, none of the others did very well. I have planted them in the garden and they are growing really well. No sign of any flowers yet and I have no idea what they are. Can anyone help?image 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

how come aym can see a pic and I can't? image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

It is not a Geum, but am not sure what it is.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

I'm a bit stumped too.  Do the leaves have any smell when you rub them?

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • I have a various geum and it doesn't resemble any one them - almost but not quite. However I will happily be proved wrong - whatever it is olivermadcat, the plant looks healthy and may yet flower this year. If it does, then please post a picture.

• Thank you for all the replies. I have a few of these mystery plants taking over my flower bed and I noticed today that the leaves do have a smell, can't describe the smell but wasn't very nice. From the photo posted above, the leaves don't look the same to me. Like you say they are very healthy so hopefully there will be some flowers. Then we can answer the geum debate!