Start a new thread

61 to 80 of 171 replies

archiepem

lol meant to say  though . nite all

archiepem

needs spliting  i think . 

Brilliant colour Brum.  Just can't grow the dissectum varieties to that quality down here.  Just a mile or so inland though huge impressive specimens abound.

little-ann

can hardly believe its the same plant David stunning colour

ann

fidgetbones

Gorgeous colour david.K.

Acers don't like my garden.....

Advertisement

For me it's excellent.  Just realised its David's Acer again.  Gotta say I wouldnt shape it at all. Love the way it naturally "flows".  Which variety is it David?   Obviously protected spot for it.  Mine  has been excellent for the summer but leaves now gone.  Not a patch on yours though 

martymower

thays really nice David K

David.  Mine is garnet too.  Not in the same league as yours.  Too much salt in the air for real autumn quality down here.

chicky

Lovely photos David - that first one really captures the essence of the season - fab

Fairygirl

Beautiful pic of the Acer David. They grow well up here as long as they're sheltered. Passed a lovely one yesterday  - quite small but had a stunning soft orangey glow. Will have to go out and look for it again!

punkdoc

Sure you dont mean steal it Fg!

MrsGarden

What wonderful pictures on this thread! I'd forgotten what a joy autumn is.

Here's my tiny acre. (About 70cm tall). I must have had it 15 years, in a pot, then planted out last year.

It was a very weeping shape so I've tried to train it a little more upright, removing lower branches and tying to the post. The ties have just been removed and fingers crossed it won't need much more help.

little-ann

David as your coming to the lake district have you any gardens in mind to visit ?

Ann