Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Autumn colour

happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Let's celebrate the warm colours of autumn.  I'll start - here are the browns and oranges under my Scots pine in my front garden.

• Lovely autumn colours happymarion. I love autumn for the colours.whilst walking the dogs I took a photo of the berries in the hedges reminded me of s autumn and Christmas they were so s right red

Having problems putting photos on twrerere suppose to be together.

• Afteryou put on the first one, click on the insert image icon again and go through the same process for as many pictures as you have, before you click Submit.  I do not think the birds will be short of food this winter.

• Lovely pics Marion, for colour, Autumn is absolutely my favourite season, just heavenly. I could rave on for hours on end about the reds and the golds and the russetts and the oranges and the browns image

• My baby acer which I grew from a two leaved seedling I "weeded" at the Bristol botanic garden below the very old ones there, is beginning to show its new colours for the autumn.  Watering the asters below it has made sure it did not get forgotten with the watering can this dry summer.

• Beautiful Marion, I love them when they're in their full red coats. I'd love to have one in my garden but unfortunately there is nowhere sheltered enough from the worst of the wind etc so I think it's a waste of time. Envious of anyone that grows these in their garden.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Definitely must have Rudbeckias in my Golden Jubilee garden next year.  I too love cyclamen.  Not just the flowers.  The leaf patterns are lovely too.

• My friend came for the portion of my autumn harvest I had promised him anf brought me flowers from his garden which I gave pride of place on the kitchen table.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

A few of the new plants for my new borders. The oak leaf Hydrangea's looking good with it's rusty colours. The hosta on the left is one I rescued and is about to flower too.

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/P9150835_zps8171fc40.jpg

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...