Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

what do you have success with in these kinds of places to add colour after June? I mainly need to plant in stealth pots (long toms painted dark brown) to stand a chance against slugs and snails. Antirrhinum and nicotiana always do okay, but I'm bored of them. Any suggestions?

Busy lizzies immediately spring to mind.
nutcutlet

Tree spinach had seeded itself into a shadey patch this year and did OK

sotongeoff

There are two tried and trusted annuals for shade-impatiens and begonias-not to everyone's taste but they do work-still got begonias flowering now-despite 2 hard frosts

Advertisement

Lilylouise

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/lilylouise1/garden026.jpg

Fuchsia -  trailing Puts Folly is brilliant for colour all summer long  I took the cuttings for these baskets at the end of February and once they started flowering they didn't stop  I hope you like Fuchsias

Pam LL x

Hello auntie Betty, I've already suggested busy lizzies but how about one or two perennials too? There are some lovely ferns ..some silver/grey with red veinings. that would add " colour" and form and go well with busy lizzies..?? Heucheras with yellow or red foliage. In a shady garden these would thrive and slugs n snails would not touch them. Hellebores too. And cost less in the long run than annuals?