Start a new thread

21 to 40 of 44 replies

I think it's just my age Jim ???? must have been distracted by something else !
Jim Macd

LOL, don't worry we all know weird things happen with text on this site. At least you finished your post before getting distracted.

Dovefromabove

Just to let you know Wilkinsons currently have Fish, Blood & Bone meal at £4.00 for 3.3kg - that's 33% extra free according to the packet. 

Jim Macd

And at least a pound cheaper than B&Q. I could do with a trip their. They do the tripe dog chews my dogs can't live without. 

BobTheGardener

About £20 for 25kg online (if you have room in the shed!)

Advertisement

Tomsk

Aldi are doing 3kg boxes for £3 on Thursday, along with 7kg tubs of chicken manure pellets for £6.

Where's my last post ?!! All I can see is an empty box We live near Aldi so will be checking that out

Used to get fish blood n bone from local allotment stores.  However they have closed now.  Have to look elsewhere.  Will look online but postage costs may be high 

BobTheGardener

£2.99 delivery for that 25kg I mentioned via amazon, Verd.

Jim Macd

Bob, I was surprised how quickly I emptied a 3 kilo box, that's a good option though it does work out almost the same price as Aldi if one had the choice. I'd go with your option since that includes delivery.

Jim Macd

This scoop is the perfect size for BFB. 1/sqm It's the kind of scoop from boxes of washing powder. This happens to be Bold 2 in 1

Thanks bob.  Will go for that 

Fairygirl

Does it clean the plants when it rains Jim? 

I use my hand when I'm applying B,F and B cos I like the smell. Is that a little sad? 

Advertisement

Tomsk

I can't remember the brand of FB&B I bought the last couple of times, but it was like saw dust.

I've just tried Aldi's and it contains a lot of crystals and other particles I didn't see in the last stuff I tried, so is this still proper FB&B or have they cut it down with artificial fertiliser?

Does this also mean it's likely to burn plants if it's in direct contact with them, like Growmore does?

Orchid Lady

I have just used it for the first time after reading about it on here.  I think I made the mistake of not mixing it in well enough and unlike the lucky people on this thread, my hounds are not quite so well behaved and have dug up a couple of plants with no damage but then dug under my Hellebore and broke 2 leaves and 2 flowers .  I am still going to use it but not on top in future and make sure I dig it in well.

I have also sprinkled it on the section of my veg patch that is 'ready' and gone over it with the hoe (the hounds can't get on there!) 

archiepem
Fairygirl wrote (see)

I use my hand when I'm applying B,F and B cos I like the smell. Is that a little sad? 

as long as you wash your hands in mild green FARIY liquid puting me coat on

Jim Macd
Fairygirl wrote (see)

Sad isn't quite the word I've gone for FG. My dogs like the smell too, a bit too much. Since I've put it on I've had to clear up a few loads of black sick from the carpet, they are obsessed with it.