London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 17°C
4 messages
kru
18/04/2012 at 22:42
19/04/2012 at 07:31

...you were saying...?

I shall take this opportunity kru, to highlight a border shrub that is in flower now in my garden that I absolutely adore, and it's a pity one doesn't see it planted more often I think, at least as an alternative to Forsythia.   It's Ribes x odoratum, or Buffalo Currant.  It also has a delightful clove scent....I hope you like it.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/MarLorena/gravel%20garden/DSC00836.jpg

kru
19/04/2012 at 10:34

Thank you for the reply.  It seems like my description was missing as i was using my mobile.   I want some suggestion on border plant which will provide bit privacy for my front garden and bit color.  Your plant looks nice.  How tall can it grow?

I am aware of conifers but wanted something that might give bit color and will grow fast and medium bush.   Also, if I were to use conifer which one will grow fast.  Thank you for your help.   

19/04/2012 at 11:15

On reflection, I think in your case I would go for a Forsythia, it's fast growing, gives a bit of colour in Spring - sometimes autumn colour as well, and it can be cut back if necessary.   It's not evergreen but the dense twiggy growths should be adequate I would think.

Fast growing conifers are a pain in the backside eventually and I would avoid if I were you, but it's your decision.   The plant I highlighted is difficult to find.

email image
4 messages