Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

bulbs-per-kg

TomskTomsk Posts: 204

I see Lidl are doing various bulbs at the moment, with more coming next Thursday.

They have 5kg bags of daffs, so does anyone know roughly how many bulbs you'll get? I think that may be too many, though the smaller bags of 10 bulbs probably work out much more expensive.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

75 ish

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I had one of those last year. About 60bulbs. Mainly king Alfred type. Not very mixed.

• I'm off to lidl

• EsspeeEsspee Posts: 274

If like me you prefer smaller daffs this is a great buy at £5.99 per kilo (bulb size 12/14+cm).  They are selling Tete a Tete, Pipit and lots of other varieties I haven't even heard of e.g. Fragrant Rose which sounds interesting.  The tulips look a great buy too at £6.99 (bulb size 12+cm) but it is a bit early to plant these in my neck of the wood.  If they have small ones I might just buy a couple of bags and keep them in a cool airy place for a couple of months.

If you get plants as soon as they come into store then Lidyl and Aldi are great value for money. 

• SingySingy Posts: 206

I got about 60 in the bag i bought this week, the tulip bulbs around 50 per bag, they seem to be good quality and decent size.

Range are also doing bags of daffs, 3KG for £4 I think.

• Just got some mixed narcissi 5kg for £5.00!!!!

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Where from Stacey

Hampshire Gardener
  • Lidl!!!!

• Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Stacey I look on the website only 2kg that is amazing for 5kg did you see tulips bulbs as well? I must go get just what I need for the train station garden,  I messaged you

Hampshire Gardener
  • liz 11liz 11 Posts: 2

I got these and was impressed at how many there were. Bulbs seemed good quality and I have planted them.