London (change)
Wed 20°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
7 messages
22/07/2013 at 14:54

Hi, i have a Budleya growing in my Garden, i think it is the normal pinkish/purple one that you see growing wild, My gardener friend found me one that was a really deep purple but this died in the frost two years ago, is there any way to improve,darken,deepen the colour of the one i have? i know plant respond to the ph of the soil,how harsh the climate is,light & temp etc.. or what fertilisers it has access too, 

It grows really well & is about 4yrs old & 10 ft tall, about to flower so i'll find out what colour 

22/07/2013 at 15:41

no,you will have to buy or take a cutting from another such plant.Buddliea comes in many lovely colours and is easy to grow and propogate.

22/07/2013 at 16:04

Hiya Gid

The colour ??ou have is fixed.  Decide what colour you would like....red, purple, etc...and you can buy that plant.  Buddleias dont need fertilisers ..good drainage and as much sun as possible is all they need.  A nice variegated buddleia with lovely foliage and purple flowers called Harlequin is available too

22/07/2013 at 16:13

The garden centres have buddlejas at the moment, just coming into flower. You should be able to pick one the colour you want.

Black knight is very dark  purple.

KEF
22/07/2013 at 20:55

I have a lovely white one, don't know name, it was given to me.

23/07/2013 at 14:02

Thanks. I'll wait to see What colour this turns out to be, can't remember from last year.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/28006.jpg?width=710&height=350&mode=max

23/07/2013 at 14:06

I like the darker green colours so not sure about Harlequin? I like to get plants that need a home  like the roses at the front, these were those crappy little valentine ones you get in baskets at the supermarket, these two were not sold after the 14th because they looked damged & tired, I freed them by planting them out 

email image
7 messages