Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

buying hard to find seeds

cotty1000cotty1000 Posts: 293

can somebody suggest some places other than ebay where i can find some hard to get seeds.i am looking for agastache summer glow,tordylium officinale and astrantia glebe cottage.any help would be appreciated.

are there any decent seed swap websites?

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Correct me if I am wrong -but didn't you ask this a few weeks back??

Some plants are just not available as seeds-they do not come true-I think this the answer you had last time

If they are not available commercially -by the seed companies- that is the reason.

• cotty1000cotty1000 Posts: 293

i did,i am sorry to repeat myself but i couldn't get to my posts in my profile and i wasn't recieving any emails for replies.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

There is a glitch on this site-still waiting for a fix 10 days later-it is the same for all-you could try trawling back but from recollection the answer was the same from othersimage

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

I just sowed a packet on Sat morning they where free in a garden mag a little while back think it was amateur gardening.

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

I get a lot of my seeds from Chiltern Seeds. They have a wide variety including some rare stuff.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

cotty 1000 chiltern seeds have them just had a look.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • centerofthewebb.com has a pretty interesting assortment

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Cutty, you may find somewhere selling the seeds from the astrantia and the agastache. They will produce seeds but they are cultivars and may not produce babies the same as the parents.

In the sticks near Peterborough