London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 10°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
19/07/2012 at 22:47

Mine are a good 10inches tall now but I put some in pots to grow on a bit and the slugs have nibbled the main stem near the soil so they've all fallen over! When I pot the others up I'll have to keep them somewhere safer! Might do like MR BEAN and his marrow and construct a moat!

19/07/2012 at 23:26

Mine are about a foot tall and the 2 which survived from seed are now about 2inches! The slugs haven't touched the VB but they've decimated my calabrese. I could sell them as green doilies

20/07/2012 at 07:13

Nearly all my plants are self seeded in a gravel bed,a few others around the garden. It's amazing where they pop up. I then transplant them around the garden when the stems have toughened up. I think this helps with the slug situation.

I love VB but my husband can't stand them, he says they are long stalks with a flower on the end. I keep telling him they are elegant, graceful plants so useful for giving height to the border and the bees and insects love them, but he just can't see the point. I still plant them what ever he says. we have to agree to differ.

Have a nice day folks.

20/07/2012 at 10:59

@lovetogarden.. my hubby is the same.. but put them in with lavender and they look super..

email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages