London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
4 messages
27/07/2012 at 11:11

Hi there everyone. more advice needed please. I bought a ceanothus - unknown variety - and it is looking very sorry for itself. It is a wall type one, the leaves are turning yellow now. Obviously it needs perking up, apart from a lot of water, what do I feed it - would it take ericaceous feed, tomato feed, anything else??

28/07/2012 at 09:48

I too bought a ceanothus a couple of months ago - it is the lemon and lime variety (pretty veregated leaves) it is also looking very sorry for itself, losing its leaves and not looking very healthy at all.  I keep giving it lots of water as I thought maybe I had planted it too close to the wall.  Did not know you needed to give them an ericaceous feed though, maybe I will try that.  Willing to give anything a go.

28/07/2012 at 10:09

Hi Lavender Lady -I don't know about ericaceous feed . It was a question reallyas leaves are turning yellow. Waiting for someone more knowleable than me to help,

29/07/2012 at 22:09

I moved a ceanothus too early on in the year and nearly lost it.  I gave it a dose of Epsom Salts and it is right as rain now - even made a substantial amount of new growth over the last few weeks!  Maybe try that?

email image
4 messages