Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Center Piece Front Garden

Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

What flower or shrub would make an eye catching show for the center.

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 395

Just a few suggestions...

You could always try something like a box, which can be easily topiaried into practically any shape. There's also Camelia's, Corydylines (put on anexcellent display) and ten you could always buy a obelisk and grow a climber.

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

I've been re-doing my front garden. A wonderful suggestion was a small tree called Cercis forest Pansy I think) you could then underplant with decorative low growing shrubs and edge border with something like lavender, depending on your aspect.

It looks better if you don't have one solitary shrub but a group

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

Verdun there's no lawn a 5ft hedge to the right so partly shaded size width 12ft length 10ft just all been turned over soil good and light. I have lots of flowers to plant but need something more mature for the center then plant roundabout it got a Pennisetum Fireworks but was thinking of keeping that for the back garden. 

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

Verdun my Fireworks are in the cold frame at this time waiting to put it out do you think i should move it into the heated greenhouse or just leave it where it is.