Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Cheap plants at Aldi!

Jazdean80Jazdean80 Posts: 30

Been shopping at Aldi today and they are selling plants for good Value. Off the top of my head they have, Dahlias, lupins, anemone, gypsophelia,  Hostas and many more. The Dahlia tubes look very healthy and the rest are packed in plastic packaging with soil all priced at 99p.m

they are also selling petunias as plugs for 1.99 for 24 that are sittinf on watergel, which also look healthy!

grab em while you canimage

• i got 2 hardy geranium and 2 phlox for 99p each last week, must have been he day they came in as they had loads. I don't lidl have bare root plants, at least they didn't yesterday.

• I'd imagine Lydl will be same price, 50 gladdys for 99p is a pretty good buy! 

• They have spartan (variety) apples amongst others for 3.99 too....very tempting! image
  • TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

My dad bought me a Victoria plum tree and a Stella cherry for £3.99 each. Look really healthy. Chuffed.

• I'm going to have another good look tomorrow. All the stock seems fresh and healthy! 

• Ooh pay day this week so will definately have a look, thanks for the tip!
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Thumbs up for the lupins and dahlia's hope they have some left at the weekend.

• Shouldn't have to spend too much to get decent stock image

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Picked up 3 hosta's for next to nothing, very healthy, bareroot and not dried out in the slightest. Already potted and in the cold frame.