Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chelsea Flower Show 2013

• DaintinessDaintiness Posts: 988

Thanks Sue. Not sure about some of the iris colours...but some lovely roses and clematis.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Nice Sue, thanks.

I'll have Clematis 'Lemon Beauty' please and the nepeta

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Pippin2Pippin2 Posts: 6

I notice the Australian garden at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show features a large Xanthorrhoea (grass tree).

I'm very disappointed as these plants are not grown, but ripped out of forrests.  What makes this sadder is that this plant would be many hundreds of years old (definitely before white people arrived) and once they are removed from there natural landscape, die a very slow death.  

I think it's disgraceful that a garden exhibition can just rip the plants out of the native forrests - the RHS should have a critea that the plants on display should be grown.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Please see responses to your other post on this subject.  I, and others, believe all plants for Chelsea gardens have to be sustainably sourced from nurseries or existing gardens and that the plants you mention are readily available in Oz nurseries..  

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Pippin2Pippin2 Posts: 6

Thanks please see other thread for response.