London (change)
Today 26°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
3 messages
23/03/2012 at 22:09

Don't laugh but I was wondering if there are any plants that chickens won't eat. I have four hooligans free ranging in my garden for some part of the day and while I'm not too precious about my garden I would quite like to have some sort of flowers to look at. I have discovered that they don't like Lavender, Pieris and Bay trees, plus some other unidentified evergreen shrub that I have had in pots for years plus I have a hedge of Escallonia that they don't seem interested in.Has anyone got  any other ideas on what I might plant to brighten up my garden but that will stand up to chickens. I don't mind shrubs but would like something with some colour if possible...Thanks M

24/03/2012 at 09:12

They don't like my hellebores! Love the geraniums and pulmonarias which is a pain. Also seem to be ignoring all the roses and spring bulbs - daffodils, tulips, snowdrops, aconites all ignored to date.

24/03/2012 at 23:28

Yay, I love Hellebores and have been desperate to plant some but have held off in case they get eaten, just out of interest what type of Hellebore do you have I did plant some tulips and other bulbs but I  think the squirreks might have got to them as non of them have come up

email image
3 messages