Start a new thread

1 to 2 of 2 replies

I have a chilean bell flower vine, in container outside ,which has flowered profusely throughout the summer.I am wondering what to do with it as winter approaches.Can I bring it indoors?I do not have a conservatory but have an unheated glass fronted nporch.The vine seems well established but I dont want to lose it to winter frosts.Any advice would be most welcome.                           

Hello Rosie, did the flowers produce seeds? If so, you can plant them in the spring after soaking them for a couple of days in water and you will get new plants from them.

If not, then you are going to have to find a way of keeping the plant in a place that never freezes. It will need to be kept quite dry in a pot somewhere in the house. While it is in the pot you could try pinning one of the stems down into the compost and a new plant may take root from that.

Or, if you have a friend with a greenhouse, you could beg a space for your pot plant in there maybe, with the promise of an offshoot next spring.