Start a new thread

81 to 100 of 274 replies

Stacey Docherty

I have an excellent book called too many chillies with a variety of pickling,oil, sauce and jam recipes as well as dry rub recipes..... How are people chillies doing 

Here's a tray of mine... Cherry bomb, satans kiss, scorpion, pepperoncini and poblano.... The others still under plastic are friars hat, fatalli and a long joe!!! They have been in a cooler end so have left them covered and will now put them almost against the radiator!!

Stacey Docherty

Lol get ur trays somewhere warmer or double bag!!!

Orchid Lady

They have lids on but they aren't secured on, although I know the humidity has been retained as it gets all condensation on.  They have been in the sun all day as the window sill gets sun from about 11 and it gets really hot, which is why I use it. My sweet peas were up in 6 days and there wasn't even much sun then 

Orchid Lady

Here they are, all 3 trays and a GW mag to keep them company 

Advertisement

Orchid Lady

I've moved them over night to get some warmth in the morning, should have done it earlier while the heating was on 

Orchid Lady

I have babies, just  Yipppppeeeeeeeee 

Clarington

Awful quality as the flash was bouncing off the plastic but you can see my chillies and tomatoes that have appeared.

Stacey Docherty

Yay I was getting worried there!!! Tracey sometimes just that boost of heat gives them the push they need.... They really do need constant temperatures..... Hopefully more to come and you will have a garden/greenhouse full lol..... Clari yey they look strong and healthy 

Orchid Lady

I think I am going to have LOADS if they all come through Stacey, there were loads of seeds so I used them all and put 2 in a each pot (can't remember the word!)  

Stacey Docherty

Well I have some excellent recepies for preserving them lol..... Do you make an apple and pepper jelly with suspended flakes?

Clarington

Thanks Stacey, the heated propagator seemed to do the trick but they're off the heat now less they get leggy. I'm going to let these have a few more days then I'll plant a few final ones to get a nice selection for the first year.

Tracey - I'm sure I'd not have space to have planted them all! Stacey was very generous!! So I'm saving some for next year when the greenhouse will be more set up!

Clarington

OOps! Just brought some "chilli willy" seeds off eBay. Well they seemed worthy of a giggle...

Work really need to give me something to do. Monday and Tuesday it was buying water butts and compost bins, today rude plants... goodness knows what Friday will bring!!

Jamie DJay

i am soooooooo jealous seeing all your sprouted seeds!! i live in a really hot country and got nothing!!! grrrr this is sooooo frustrating!!!!! oh yours all look great by the way!! 

Seems a strange year for me with chillies - got some initial growth in heated propagator (cheap option and vitapod one)  then they have stagnated a bit. May have to do another batch in case they don't take.

In the last few years I've tried several varieties of chilli with two plants per pot - never seems to diminish the fruiting etc. Tend to be the same types, but might try mixtures this year. Anyone else tried this?

Advertisement

Orchid Lady

I'm going to give some away, I have 2 friends and my neighbour over the road (who gave me snowdrops and a spider plant), I am going to give them 1 or 2 and the rest I am planning on making lots with so may well need those recipes Stacey 

Singing Gardener

Clarington - I bought some "Chilli Willy" seeds from a present catalogue as a joke stocking filler a couple of years back and we were so impressed by the flavour that I spent some time last year hunting out some more reasonably priced ones. Didn't find them on Ebay though - that would probably have been cheaper! Did find them from a small seed supplier under a different name (Chilli Erotica!) and we're growing them again this year.

Clarington

Sounds good Singing! Mine arrived yesterday and were soaked in tea overnight ready for me to plant this morning.  Hopefully we'll have success I've a couple of friends I think would enjoy this plant as silly birthday gifts! If I'm really lucky I'll get some seeds to share for next year but no counting chickens just yet!

I invested in a heated propagator and have had fantastic results????. Not sure about the Chilli Willy though!!
Orchid Lady

Mine are coming along nicely now, all apart from 2 varieties that haven't germinated, but as I haven't had much luck previously and no heated propagator I am still quite pleased.  I do feel a bit bad though as Stacey kindly trusted me to grow plants from her seeds and I failed with some of them 

How big do they need to be before potting on, some of the modules have 3/4 seedlings in?