London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
121 to 140 of 210 messages
25/03/2014 at 15:43

I did, remember you made a comment when I posted a pic of them in the glasses (I am tracey by the way if you hadn't guessed ).

I'm getting called Lady now, that's a first 

Edd
25/03/2014 at 15:59

We like ladies.

Of Course the new shiny GH must be used! mine are staying in the kitchen window and various other window cills around the house. Pot the seedlings on when they have 2 true leaves of a little bigger. That would be my best guess.

How is your still? lol. 

25/03/2014 at 17:32

You've lost me now Edd 

Edd
25/03/2014 at 18:08

I think i commented on it looking like a brewing distillery? 

25/03/2014 at 18:10

Oh yes, that's right, I was thinking you meant something about a window sill I had spelt wrong.....long day 

Edd
25/03/2014 at 18:23

No my Lady, you can spell cill with a S or a C.

25/03/2014 at 19:24

Yes, thank you Edd 

26/03/2014 at 16:22

My chilli count at the moment is:

2 x jalapeño

3 x purple riot

6 x chilli willy (got a pack of ten seeds & am hoping to give these away as gifts)

2 x cherry bomb

1 x scotch bonnet

3 x pepperoncini

1 x mystery one the label fell off!

Now I think I've worked out the trick to using the propagator (think it was too damp last time which is why I didn't have much success - I've now put sand in the bottom to disperse the heat and don't water the seedlings after the initial planting) I'm going to have a go to get a couple more plants (esp. cherry bombs - they look soooo good!) growing ready to fill the greenhouse once the warmer weather decides to stick around rather than teasing us so.

How are yours doing Orchid?

26/03/2014 at 18:41

Ooooooo it's a GW chillie fiesta!!!! Glad most of ur chillies are growing...( grrrr just typed out replies to questions and lost the text!!!) clari glad u have ur propogator sorted. Chillies are tough and don't like much water ( always wait for full grown plants to wilt slightly b4 watering) and lmao at ur chilly willy seeds. Orchid don't be daft sometimes they just don't want to grow!!!! Don't be in a hurry to pot up 3/4 true leaves is perfect otherwise they don't like being handled!!edd 3 c leaves is odd but get go with it maybe a new strain!!!! As for square pots they will grow in round lol just not as well!!! Do ur own trial some in square pots u have others in round... I usually wait and plant my seedings in their final pots... Right lo out the bath so will post pics of my chillies later

26/03/2014 at 19:17

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40748.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

A slightly dark image if my babies who I think are now toddlers

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40749.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

My over wintered purple riot now flowering 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40750.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

My over wintered naga morich ( and cat food)

26/03/2014 at 19:21

Picking up useful tips.  Great thread for me 

Edd
26/03/2014 at 19:47

Hi Stacey Docherty.

After the 2nd pic, i see your "still " is still "distilled and bottled "  You are a tricky minx but you will never get past your lies!!! Tell the truth then you have mother nature too back you up. 

Edd

26/03/2014 at 21:01

eah? What? Are u referring to my husbands wine selection??? hubbies home brew is all upstairs I don't get involved apart from tasting the occasional red wine!!!

26/03/2014 at 21:07

Verd I will have some chillie toddlers ready soon if u want me to post you some.... I figure in a bottle would work!!!

Edd
26/03/2014 at 22:10

If your husbands wine selection is up stairs, what is that behind the chilli?

Plant food??? Lol 

26/03/2014 at 22:40

Stacey, I was talking it the man from the Deven Chilli place today at the exhibition, we had a really good chat about chillies and all the seeds I have sown and how mad you are on chillies ( I bet your ears were burning LOL!)...,,,,then he fell asleep so I went back to my stand  Fab chilli plants by the way 

26/03/2014 at 22:42

Clari,  I have LOADS of Cherry Bomb seedlings, it's going to be a Cherry Bomb fest I our house, also some Apache and Purple Riot. I will need to repot them soon, just trying to hold in until the GH is finished so thinking possibly Monday.  That's the bit I'm worried about as I usually end up killing the seedlings 

26/03/2014 at 22:43

Excuse terrible typos/autocorrect....long day and very tired!!

27/03/2014 at 06:41

Edd that's wine he was given for xmas!!! Orchid was it the south devon chillie farm? I go there every year normally and if not I always see them at chillie fiesta at west dean along with Michael ( who had his own company now and supplies high fern w) it was someone at south devon who told me about square pots!!!! 

27/03/2014 at 07:22
 I get nervous about seedlings too! They're just so delicate! I tend to wait til they're far too big for their pots (I put them in oversize ones to start with so they look tiny and lost) before I move them because I am convinced I'll snap them.
Sounds like you're going to be having the most adventurous meals come harvest time! 
Orchid Lady wrote (see)

Clari,  I have LOADS of Cherry Bomb seedlings, it's going to be a Cherry Bomb fest I our house, also some Apache and Purple Riot. I will need to repot them soon, just trying to hold in until the GH is finished so thinking possibly Monday.  That's the bit I'm worried about as I usually end up killing the seedlings 

121 to 140 of 210 messages