London (change)
Mon 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
4 messages
01/02/2014 at 22:34

Hello everybody, my name is Stephen. I am new to GardenersWorld.com and I really just wanted to introduce myself. Feel free to browse through my profile page to learn a little more. I am 24 now and have only been into gardening since early last year, next week is my greeniversary!!!! so to celebrate I thought the best way is to grow my favourite herb some of you may know as Chives. I first had chives at a friends house when i was a young boy and immediately loved them, everything from the taste to the crunch.

Anyway i bought some seeds of Ebay last week and realised that I didnt have anywhere to put them. Now an additional weapon in my arsenal is that I am a qualified carpenter so putting them skills to good use I crafted a small solid wood planter to grow them in. I haven't planted the seeds yet however as I am waiting for payday to buy some good organic soil. These chives are going to look great in the kitchen and I just cant wait to chop them up and put them in a cheesy toastie .

Well that is my first post coming to an end.... Nothing special but i really just wanted to introduce myself. Thank you for taking the time to read. Oh i almost forgot....

When i made my chive planter i also made a couple more for my friend but he put them up on ebay and sold them. That gave me the idea to do the same so now I have three more of them but they are so fun to make that I plan on making a small side business based on crafting different wooden planters. If anyone is interested I am selling those exact planters on Ebay. (the link will be at the bottom of the page). They are less than £10 and look snazzy.

I will knock £2 off the asking price if you purchase and quote GardnersWorld in an Ebay private message (£2 given as a refund after purchase). If you like the look of the planter and don't like Ebay but you own a Paypal account then please feel free to private message me on here, I am sure we can work something out. Take care fellow green thumbs xx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141178785352?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

01/02/2014 at 22:45

Hi there 

As a forum member, welcome

As an advertiser you need to pay the going rate, unpaid ads not so welcome

01/02/2014 at 23:03

looks like an advert to me.

02/02/2014 at 10:07

Yes, it's a shame that some people only see this forum as a chance to sell rather than to share 

email image
4 messages