Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chris Beardshaw et moi ;-)

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

I had to go to the farm shop again this morning ... next door to the GC ... and thought I'd just pop in to see if they'd got something with a bit of colour for the front of the front border ................... and I was seduced!!!! 

I didn't stand a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've come home with a huge  West Country Lupin 'Masterpiece' as used by Chris in his Chelsea Gold garden, along with a Geum 'Totally Tangerine'.

That'll give a bit more colour to the front garden image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Oooh I've been soooo tempted to buy an orange Geum this week ...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

That's what I'm going to do - lovely big plant 3L pot covered in flowers (yes, it was £8.99 less 10%) but for the pleasure it'll give me image it costs about the same as a bottle of wine for Saturday's supper or a small Sunday joint - and next year I'l have at least five of them if not more.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Katherine WKatherine W Posts: 410

Oh, is that the name of those lupins??? They are beyond gorgeous... We wants them, gollum, gollum!

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

I bought the same lupin on Thursday. Great minds ...image

It's an incredible bi-colour of purple and red which makes it look maroon, although mine cost 10 pounds, 2 pounds off for not being watered 

I'm putting mine next to something orange as well,  maybe we should all do the same combo and have a dedicated CB thread next year?image

• LeifUKLeifUK Posts: 573

Is that your garden? The bees must be tripping out of their tiny minds. I like lupins, there are some wild ones on the way to work. 

Wish it was Leif!!!

It's a pic of Chris Beardshaw's Gold Medal Chelsea garden ..... but I'm working on it image

Although .... thinking about it, he has copied my colour scheme, and I have one of those verbascums too!  and the knapweed.  It's just mine's not flowering yet image

Wintersong - you got a bargain - my lupin was £15 (less my 10%) image  but it is absolutely HUGE!!!