London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
6 messages
04/10/2013 at 16:36

Something seems to be eating my clematis.  The leaves have been attacked, but not what it would be.  All my other clematis seem unaffected.

04/10/2013 at 16:40

One of mine just gave up the ghost recently,  the other two are fine, don't know why either sorry. Is it in a pot or too hot? They don't like their roots to get too  heated.

04/10/2013 at 16:43

It's in the ground and the base is fairly shady as I always place a few stones around the base of them all.  I think it might be some sort of bug.  I will leave it and see if it recovers.  Might cut it back low and see if it revives next spring!

04/10/2013 at 16:45

Snails will eat clematis leaves. 

04/10/2013 at 16:50

Aah I suppose that could be it, but I can't say I have noticed, but the blighters do like to come out at night don't they.  Oh well I will see how it goes.  Am looking forward to seeing it flower next year.  I can't remember it's name, but it had lovely pink bell type flowers on the picture.  I bought it at GW Live show this year, along with many others!

04/10/2013 at 17:04

Snails will also strip the bark from the stems of clematis - in our last garden where we were overrun with snails I was known to go out at night armed with a torch and a bucket of salty water 

email image
6 messages