London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
4 messages
20/08/2012 at 15:41

I have a new garden, and to cover a pergola for this summer I planted cobeas. I did it a week before Monty Don put his out.Four our just getting to four ft. tall, one thin straggley one is about eight ft.,The last one is fairly full but flower buds are just starting to appear, the straggley one has four buds right at the top, one of which flowered today.I assume it is due to the bad weather,however, Iwould like to know how other gardeners faired.

20/08/2012 at 15:50

The same point was made a couple of days ago, none of us had had much joy I would like to see MD's.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/plants/cobaea/5215.html

20/08/2012 at 20:18

Mine are horrible too, have just assumed cold dark weather earlier in the year was the cause - it has done nasty things to many plants - my morning glory has just decided to honour us with a few flowers this week!

09/11/2012 at 09:54

Finally,about the end of Sept. the one cobea grew. It is now as big as it ought to be and covered with flowers that drop at night if it is extra chill. It is the only one that did anyhing.Does anyone else have the same, also oriental poppies cut back after first flowering, now in bud and on the verge of flowering?

email image
4 messages