Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 22 replies

The Doctor

I have hundreds of bulbs would anyone like any?

Family: Iridaceae

Genus: Crocosmia

Species: x crocosmiiflora

Cultivar: Emily McKenzie

Plant type: Hardy perennial

Flower colour: Orange

Foliage colour: Mid-green

Feature: Flowers

Sun exposure: Full sun, Partial shade

Soil: Well-drained/light, Clay/heavy, Acidic, Chalky/alkaline

Hardiness: Hardy

Skill level: Beginner

Height: 60cm

Spread: 8cm

Time to divide plants: March to May

Flowering period: July to September

I will only charge you the postage.

Dan x

What refund polisy do you have? Delivery schedule/guarantee? 

The Doctor

If you are unsatisfied i will pay for the postage for you to send them back. I have dug up hundreds of bulbs, the plant has been left for around 10 years and i would rather send them on to people to enjoy than bin them.

I will send you 10 bulbs for only the cost of postage. 

Delivery will be 3-4 days as i live 10 minute drive away from my village post office.

Dan x

Doctor 63 - I'd love to have some of these - how do I give you my details and the postage money please?

Thanks,

Una.

Hi Doc 63 just seen your posting about the bulbs, am I to late?I would like to have a border with crocosmia. I am happy to pay postage ect .Thankyou

Advertisement

Lottyh40 - I think we're out of luck.  I've had no response to my msg above.

They are selling them in B&Q for £5.98 a pot but they're a bit skimpy looking - not a lot in each pot. 

If anybody knows where I'd get some at a cheaper price, I'd love to know.  I live in West London - thanks.

sotongeoff

Have either of you tried sending Dan a personal message about this-he may not have seen it?- although this is a bit frustrating

Just a thought

Geoff - thanks for the suggestion but how would we do that?

sotongeoff

Hover over the avatar-you will see message or ignore come up-click on message-then proceed

Or you can send a message from your profile settings

If you get stuck come back to me

Geoff - You are a clever-clogs!  I've sent the msg and just hope I'll get a response.

Thanks for your help.

Una.

Thanks to you both .I have also sent a message hope I have sent it ok.
The Doctor

I hav inly just seen these posts sorry 

Email is doctor_63@hotmail.co.uk

lottyh40 & sotongeoff - I've had a response from doctor_63 - yippee!!!!!

Hi yes I have had a response just waiting now for Doc_63 to get back to me with a postage price.
hollie hock

I love Crocosmia,

I also know in a short space of time, they will multiple very well, I have multiple groups, all taken from the orginal cluster  18 months ago. All you need are a couple of corns .I love the foilage as much as the flowers

Advertisement

The Doctor

I'm trying to sort the bulbs out for posting, the problem is, have rooted and clumped together in the bucket i have put them in. I am in the process of sorting them out.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Dan x

Dovefromabove

Thanks for this thread - it inspired me to do some research to identify a particularly good crocosmia which has just appeared in one of our borders, looking fantastic with the blue clematis and pink rose it sits between - I've identified it as Amber Glow, so I shall try to get some more as it's just what is needed to 'lift' that border at this time of year 

Jean Genie

Dan - I've got ''Lucifer '' and it hasn't flowered well for the last few years . I've divided it fed it etc but it just not performing well . I am thinking of digging it up. Do you know if they have a '' Sell By '' date ?  The clump is about 10 years old.

Thanks, Jean.

Dovefromabove

@ jean riley - has something else nearby got bigger and is therefore casting more shade on Lucifer than previously?

Jean Genie

No Dove - they are years old though . May dig them up and just keep a little bit . Fed up with the profusion of green and hardly any flowers.