Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Curry plant

Oakley WitchOakley Witch Posts: 789

Just bought a small curry plant for the moon garden but its looking a bit pathetic near the base. Can they be planted deeper like Lavender or does the plant stock bit need to be above the ground???image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Strikes well from cuttings too - I use little sideshoots with a heel image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Oakley WitchOakley Witch Posts: 789

That's great Verdun. The grounds not to bad at that end of the garden so should be able to drop it a little then image The whole garden needs some good stuff put in the garden but I have been pocket planting, however, if the curry plant prefers poor soil, that will save some compost lol. I did wonder if it would need to be cut back too. I don't mind as not in flower and know it will benefit from it.

Dove, I didn't realise that cuttings were so easy to take from them image Thats great news image More free plants image Thanks guys for your help.

Ahhhh, I did see some in flower today and was kinda thinking of keeping trimmed so it wont go to flower. Thankyou image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139
    Oakley Witch wrote (see)

.... didn't realise that cuttings were so easy to take from them image Thats great news image More free plants image Thanks guys for your help.

Just take the lower leaves off so they don't rot in contact with the soil. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Very similar to Lavender cuttings then?

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I don't like yellow on silver so have just cut my flowers off. Do root easily I stole mine years ago image from a garden which had spread onto the pavement, only a tiny piece of new growth. Naughty KEF. But it now has a good home and was happy in a pot when we first moved.image

I agree lol