London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 10°C
5 messages
26/06/2013 at 14:13

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone would be able to help me with plant cuttings.

I have Veronica spicata and a spare runner off a strawbery plant. Can anyone advise on how i make a cutting from these two. I understand with the Strawberrry you can pop the runner into a pop but will have to cut it off the main strawberry plant once the runner has rooted but i can't do that as my neightbour will have plant pots with runners growing and i don't think he would be too pleased to have all my plants lying around his garden. So hopefully i can cut off the runner and grow it on its own.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Simon

26/06/2013 at 14:25

Simon, the strawberry runner?   You have described the best way to do it.  However you should still be able to,cut off a runner and either pot it or anchor it dowonio to,the soil.  Nick bottom of the stem first though

Veronicas?  I split them in the autumn with a spade or knife.  Or, cut off a basal shoot. Do,it as near to,the roots as possible then remove top growth and pot up

26/06/2013 at 17:08

never had much luck with summer cuttings of veronica ... wait until the autumn and divide the plant(s) ...

KEF
27/06/2013 at 07:07

bump

28/06/2013 at 13:12

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your advice, and hopefully I will have many new plants growing soon.

All the best,

Simon

email image
5 messages