New to the forum, and my first post, and looking for advice on daffodils. I have some bulbs which are at least 50 years old (I think they may be "King Alfred's"), and have not been lifted for some years now. Each successive year, less and less bulbs flower, and I assume this is due to them sucking out more nutrients than I have replaced. So this year I have lifted and dried them, and prepared new beds incorporating really well rotted horse manure and Growmore granules.
So, my question is, do I replant the bulbs "now" (say in the next couple of weeks), or is it better to wait until later in the year?
I would be very grateful to receive any comments and advice, as these bulb's were my wife's fathers, so I really need to rescue them for sentimental reasons.
Thank you in advance,