Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Daisy lawn in trend!

KittyroseKittyrose Posts: 10

Hi

I have been trying to propagate a daisy lawn for 5 years. Anyone know how I can grow more daisies? As it's classed by some as a weed you can't by it by seed. Any suggestions welcome.

ps. a daisy lawn is the only thing that stays green in drought and dog wee doesn't kill. It's a new trend in the making as it looks so pretty too.

http://webkit-fake-url://39A661BB-7FFC-4F94-96E6-CA15C4CE77E8/imagejpeg

• I can't see your pic i'm afraid Kittyrose, I do like the sound of this though - is it a lawn full of daisies basically? I do love when you see huge swathes of them in the park (those and dandelions too) 

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750
    You can buy seed, Emorsgate seeds sell plus many others. But if you have a bulb planter you can get them from the road verge no one would mind I'm sure.
  • landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

Please don't advocate taking wild flowers from verges or anywhere else. Even if it is "only a daisy". Uprooting wild plants is illegal under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. Of course, you may be able to find someone who wouldn't mind you removing daisies from their lawn!

• KittyroseKittyrose Posts: 10

Hi

Thanks for your comments, I shall now be ordering seeds tonight (don't worry no digging up of anything on the roadside!).

Pictures attached this time (scroll down as there are two) so you can see what I am trying to do!

Thanks everyone.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I love a flowery lawnimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Beautiful image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

Fantastic, much nicer than manicured stripes!

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Ahhh, want one! Love it. image
  • CeresCeres Posts: 2,697
    Hi Kittyrose. Love the daisies. My husband won't allow daisies in our lawn so I have grown some from seed and taken them to the allotment to brighten the paths on my plot. I got the seeds from Nickys Seeds and they have produced very nice plants.