London (change)
Today 19°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
4 messages
14/10/2012 at 09:27

Hi my Dalias are still in full bloom and have got still more buds ready to flower, but we had our first frost last night. Should i just cut the flowers down and lift the Dalis or can i leave them a bit longer yet? It seems a shame as they have given such alovely show this year and still are doing but i dont want to looses them. Any advise would be helpful thanks!!! I live in  lincolnshire.

14/10/2012 at 09:55

I would wait for them to start going black before I lifted them, but if you are worried give the base of the plant an extra mulch to protect the tubers.

14/10/2012 at 10:46
fezziewig wrote (see)

Hi my Dalias are still in full bloom and have got still more buds ready to flower, but we had our first frost last night. Should i just cut the flowers down and lift the Dalis or can i leave them a bit longer yet? It seems a shame as they have given such alovely show this year and still are doing but i dont want to looses them. Any advise would be helpful thanks!!! I live in  lincolnshire.

Dahlias~~~~~~~

This might be of interest-

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/talkback-how-to-lift-and-store-dahlias/275.html

14/10/2012 at 12:48

Thanks for the link i have read them and found them helpful im going to leave them a while longer now.

email image
4 messages