Start a new thread

1 to 4 of 4 replies

Hi my Dalias are still in full bloom and have got still more buds ready to flower, but we had our first frost last night. Should i just cut the flowers down and lift the Dalis or can i leave them a bit longer yet? It seems a shame as they have given such alovely show this year and still are doing but i dont want to looses them. Any advise would be helpful thanks!!! I live in  lincolnshire.

kate1123

I would wait for them to start going black before I lifted them, but if you are worried give the base of the plant an extra mulch to protect the tubers.

sotongeoff
fezziewig wrote (see)

Hi my Dalias are still in full bloom and have got still more buds ready to flower, but we had our first frost last night. Should i just cut the flowers down and lift the Dalis or can i leave them a bit longer yet? It seems a shame as they have given such alovely show this year and still are doing but i dont want to looses them. Any advise would be helpful thanks!!! I live in  lincolnshire.

Dahlias~~~~~~~

This might be of interest-

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/talkback-how-to-lift-and-store-dahlias/275.html

Thanks for the link i have read them and found them helpful im going to leave them a while longer now.