Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

delosperma sutherlandii

CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,457
I have some aubretia in the gravel around the patio under the french windows. The aubretia has now gone over so as this is the first to second year in my house I've left it to self seed along the line of gravel. Today I bought an ice plant and fancy planting it between the aubretia so that it can take over as they flower at different times of the year. Has anyone tried this? Did it work well? Thanks for any feedback on this idea.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

The Delosperma survives here in the troughs. Never planted it in the soil though. Really does need extremely well drained soil and full sun to survive over winter.

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,457
    Can't believe no-one's thought of this combination before which is why I asked because I might be hatching a Tom-Fool idea that will never work. I've grown aubretia before but not iceplants.
    Berghill is the troughs the trough of bowland? As I said, it will be in gravel so about as well drained as you can get.
  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

Sadly Tetley T the troughs are home made sinks for growing Alpine plants in, not the beautiful Lancashire countryside.

aah, gotcha