Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Digitalis illumination pink

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
Jist taken delivery of the new foxglove....digitalis illumination pink. Plants look good healthy and raring to grow so they were potted on with great enthusiasm. Hope the plants are as good as their hype.....I.e. Chelsea's plant of the show last year. Anyone growing this?

• I have not grown this type of foxglove but did see it on Chelsea Flower Show, really pretty. I grow standard pink ones grow well in my garden look great. Looked pink/ orange colour think.  Like to watch Chelsea Flower Show. See all the plants in flower. 

Do you grow other foxgloves in your garden?

Hampshire Gardener
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

I have it ordered and was going to give it to a friend who loves foxgloves. Unfortunately I had a letter saying delivery potponed until spring. Looking forward to it, just hope it's not too temperamental

My friend will have to have it for Easter insread!

• YeenYeen Posts: 2

I saw this on the Chelsea Flower Show too, very pleasing to the eyes.

• lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

I have it on order too delivery April 2013, I grow the standard pink and have sown seeds of white which seem to be growing quite string and healthy but these are beauftiful and more on the exotic side, thanks Verdun I've learnt something new today I hadn't realised when I ordered that the parentage is the isoplexis canarian foxglove (which is has a beautfully exotic feel) and that the plants are sterile so wont set seed image.

• Some of the foxgloves seed them selves around after they have flowered so I do end up with may be one comming up the next year sometimes more plants but do grow them from seed to make more plants, bees really like them

Hampshire Gardener
  • I have the illumination pink, I bought it as a plant last summer and it flowered non stop from July til the first frost arrived.  Lovely plant, the bees loved it.  Keeping my fingers crossed it survives the winter but my garden is pretty sheltered. I would recommend it.

• Yes I would say about 3 feet, I have mine planted at the front of a small border with roses and other taller foxgloves behind it.  I have enclosed a pic for you to see

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o502/lavenderlady1/0073.jpg

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I read about these when they were first shown; would love to hear how they are doing in their second year.