London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 11°C
6 messages
07/05/2014 at 20:39

I was brought a cameilla a couple of years ago and it has hardly grown. What can I do to make it grow 

07/05/2014 at 20:48

Shout loudly, that you will put it on the compost, if it doesn't get a move on.

07/05/2014 at 20:50

have got it lime free soil and it is also  important  to water in autumn  and in spring as feed also.

07/05/2014 at 20:52

Autumn watering encourages flower bud formation. Use rain water only, or at least mostly.

07/05/2014 at 22:16

Similar to other evergreens, and much enjoying almost identical growing styles to rhododendrons.  Yes.  Camelias do grow.  Much I supose depends on the planting area.  I have a tiny garden, typical council estate type.  I have one border about ten feet in width or depth.  At the back.  A close boarded fence,  Then a row of lilac, ribes, vibernum opulas, philadelphus.  In front. A selection of camelias. Then in front of them, HT roses.  I find that, the protection afforded by other shrubs, actually assist the camelias.  As we all know.  Our diverse weather conditions do not help camelias.  I find that my plantings afford good protection.  Just as the camelias are begining to tire out, the roses take over, in the meantime the ribes and other shrubs have displayed their best. So yes my friend.  Camelias do grow, but somewhat slow at times.

07/05/2014 at 22:23

I grow all mine in tubs. This is their 10th year or so and have just flowered best ever. Was it the hot summer plus watering?

email image
6 messages