London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
3 messages
04/08/2013 at 23:29

I recently bought a small clematis at a flower market, which is labelled as a clematis justa. I got very little info on how to care for it, so decided to do some investigating on the internet. 

My plant does seem to be a clematis justa judging by pictures but it's very very small in comparison to most descriptions - its flowers are only 3-4cm across and it just seems very small overall. 

Can you get miniature clematis'? If you can, I'm now unsure what to do care-wise - does it need different care from a large plant? I'm a complete novice at gardening/flowers and had planned to let it grow in a large pot in my flat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

05/08/2013 at 08:52

Hi Kirsty. Justa is smallish but not tiny. I can't see it as a house plant but time will tell. There are plenty of climbing plants more adapted to indoor condititions, they come from warmer climates.

05/08/2013 at 09:14

Clematis Justa is a viticella and will grow to 5ft tall plus and the same if not more across - if yours is small it might be that it's a new cutting which has been allowed to flower in it's first year before it's got a good root system -I'm afraid it won't be at all happy trying to grow indoors - have you got anywhere outside that it can live?  It is hardy

email image
3 messages