London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
1 to 20 of 39 messages
20/04/2014 at 23:42

Orkid lady and friends.  Please be honest and frank.  Do I in my posts/replies, talk too much?  Believe me.  I also subscribe to the RHS forum.  By far. This frum is the liveliest.  In all honesty. As perhaps most have gathered.  I hate to ofend anyone.  I love horticulture, and I am so pleaseed to be ale to share myknowoledge with others.  Plese, pease tell me.  If at any time I am comming over a bit too heavey.

20/04/2014 at 23:48
Mike I am new to this forum and gardening and I find your posts extremely interesting the fact your posts are long shows your passion and knowledge so you have my thumbs up I have the passion but not the knowledge yet but i look forward to gaining as much as I can.
20/04/2014 at 23:51

Mike, you're never rude or unkind. Your posts are your honest opinions and I for one would miss them if you changed.

People have the choice to read them or not so just carry on being you.

20/04/2014 at 23:58

Mike, I love your posts and find them interesting, informative, helpful and funny. Keep on keeping on. Please don't worry about these things  

20/04/2014 at 23:59

Who have you offended Mike, what's happened?? Apart from spelling my name wrong  .

We love your posts, you know we do and we would miss them terribly if they weren't on.  Sometimes, if I'm honest some of it goes over my head, but that's because I'm dim and not because of you.  I absolutely love the advice and knowledge you give us and wouldn't change anything.  You never know, if you keep posting the sciency stuff one day I might understand it, we can live in hope 

As I said on one of your posts tonight (I think it was on my seed thread), I love your stories too, if only teachers at school were as interesting as you I may now know more of the sciency stuff now.

You just keep posting, just as you are 

21/04/2014 at 00:06

Mike, I didn't upset you with my post in the tea bag thread did I???  I really hope not as that wasn't the intention at all  Now I'm all worried 

21/04/2014 at 00:43

Don't know you Mike - like your posts tho

21/04/2014 at 00:55

Mike, don't ever think that. As previously said you are never unkind or rude. Always friendly and helpful. Don't worry how long your posts are, if people don't want to read them then that is thier choice.  Hope you are not upset in any way sending hugs. X

21/04/2014 at 06:12

Dear Mike - please don't worry - just carry on as you are - your posts are full of information and humour, and we're honoured that you choose to share some of your life story with us too.  That's what gardening friends do 

21/04/2014 at 06:14

Mike, I think I know why you ask this.  I have noticed the odd comment that could be taken the wrong way when you post.  You do have your own special way of writing your responses, I would like to suggest that if certain people find it irritating that they press ignore.

I personally enjoy your posts and hope you will continue to contribute.

21/04/2014 at 07:02

I wish you lived near me so we could have a right blether in the garden over a cup of tea, or something stronger

21/04/2014 at 07:41

Mike you're over thinking everything aren't you. If we feel the need to tell you to shut up I'm sure we will do. I don't think any of us are above having a little stampy feet tantrum every so often If someone oversteps the mark. If three people tell you - then is a time to think about it, you're safe for now!

Til then enjoy the hearty debates, the silliness, and KEEP ON IMPARTING THAT KNOWLEDGE OF YOURS! I can't tell you how much I have learnt from this forum thanks to people like you tapping away on their keyboard xx

21/04/2014 at 07:57

I rarely post on here, but often read threads for advice. I completely agree with this...

star gaze lily wrote (see)

Mike, don't ever think that. As previously said you are never unkind or rude. Always friendly and helpful. Don't worry how long your posts are, if people don't want to read them then that is thier choice.

21/04/2014 at 08:15

Mike I very rarely sign in but always look at postings to learn and laugh. Your postings are great, just think there are many like me you help although not aware of us.

Keep talking your way.

21/04/2014 at 08:34

Mike, Mike Mike.  Clearly you are loved here.  Polite, knowledgeable and apparently kind.  

Occasionally I take a different view to you.....but then I do with everyone and I am an argumentative so and so......but I enjoy your posts.  Funnily enough I once posted a similar thread...same title if I recall correctly.......

Have great day Mike.  Keep posting 

21/04/2014 at 08:40

Mike, you are integral to this forum! It is essential that you keep posting! I love your advice. I also like your narrative structure. In fact, you are a tip top perfick poster so please keep sharing with the folk on here. This forum is lucky to have someone with your depth of knowledge and experience. 

21/04/2014 at 08:49
Mike you always help me and are full of helpful knowledge, you teach us beginnerss , keep up the good work
21/04/2014 at 10:42
Verdun wrote (see)

Mike, Mike Mike.  Clearly you are loved here.  Polite, knowledgeable and apparently kind.  

.... Funnily enough I once posted a similar thread...same title if I recall correctly.......

Have great day Mike.  Keep posting 

I remember it well Verdun  it seems we managed to persuade you to keep posting 

21/04/2014 at 10:52

Mike, your posts are fine, don't worry. I've not seen anything negative about you or your posts but the forum is like life in many ways. At times someone will have a bad day and look for things to grumble about, the next day it's all forgotten. Yes, your posts are long but I'd like to bet that's YOU in life as well! We all have to be who we are and this is often reflected in our posts. I love reading the way you relate gardening to your life and memories. You have such a skilled way of teaching us new ideas. Keep posting in this manner please garden buddy.

Lyn
21/04/2014 at 10:57

You seem to have a captive audience here Mike, keep posting, you made your 'last post' thread on the other site, so stick it out here.

To be honest, i dont think these sympathy threads do a site much good, they sometimes flame bait, just grow a thicker skin and k

eep posting.

I

would never click the ignore button on anybody, but some people  do, thats up to them.

1 to 20 of 39 messages