London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
25/03/2013 at 18:16

Mostly succesful. ordered the new foxglove last year and finally got them a month or so ago. Have only lost one and that was my fault because i forgot to water them. Havnt got my head into watering mode yet. Have sent off for the geranium offer today to share with my mun

25/03/2013 at 18:18

I got the 36 perenial order from T&M last year, after I got over the shock of how tiny they were and a lot of growing on, I guess the price was adequate....but don't think I would do the same again. Think I could have got the same results from growing from seed. I also got the snowdrops in the green last year from them as well, didn't think the bulbs looked that great. Looked at the offer this year and now dispatch isn't until Sept, doesn't sound in the green to me.

26/03/2013 at 10:01

I agree with you HH, besides, September is hardly the time to be able to "...plant in the green(recommended) ; as by then the bulbs are going into dormancy. These mail order retailers are taking us for a ride. What applauds and surprises me even more is that GWM is encouraging them by participating with them.

Lyn
26/03/2013 at 10:49

Maybe T&M are taking the advise of the RHS who have gone off the idea of planting in the green because of root disturbance, they transplant theirs now when they are dormant. Did anyone see that on Nations favourite blooms?

email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages