London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 15°C
4 messages
26/06/2012 at 13:30

Hi what is the best plant food to feed the plants in my borders any recommendations ..thanks

26/06/2012 at 13:55

It depends a bit on the type of plants that you have, but if it's a mixture of shrubs and perennials something like Phostrogen powder will encourage flowers whilst Growmore granules will give a general feed, although there are plenty of other all-purpose foods on the market. If you have it, home-made compost will also feed your plants as well as conditioning your soil.

One or two plants need special feeding - there are separate plant foods for roses and clematis, both of which are greedy feeders.

26/06/2012 at 17:57

I mostly use phostrogen or Miracle Gro for everything, except for ericacous plants such as pieris, camellias, rhododendrons, azaleas, and blueberries.    Oh, and rose fertilizer for roses, of course.   The whole veggie/fruit patch gets mulched with home-made compost each year, and the flower beds are mulched with the Soil Conditioner I buy from my local council.

27/06/2012 at 07:50

Im trying blood, fish and bone this year. I dont know if its the rain but everything has certainly grown and looking good

email image
4 messages