Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

First paeony of the year

nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

When I took this photo ethis morning there was just the one flower, now there are several on this tree paeony.

Molly the Witch open one flower this afternoon, 

In the sticks near Peterborough

• arneilarneil Posts: 313

beautiful , my tree peony has never flowered

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Lovelyimage

My molly (of the bucket fame) is tantalisingly closeimage

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Posts: 4,184

Lovely Nut.

Think mine has only got 2 flowers but here's hoping for more. image

imageimage

• “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon
  • LI've peonies :) I have quite a few, waiting to see if they fliowner and if so, what colour they are! Have given them a feed today...

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Posts: 4,184

Wow Chloe, that is a monster. image

• “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

What's your technique Chloe? I haven't got one really, I just take off a complete stem occasionally. 

Molly has come through a rather worrying sick looking stage chicky but she seems fine now as do the seedlings of fidget's 'blushing' Molly.

Hope you get more DD

How old is yours arneil?  people say they take years to flower but this little thing has a bud and it's only in its third year

Sounds more or less how I do it Chloe. plenty of flowers.

I don't know what mine is. I've lost track of what seed came from which plant.image

None of them look like the parents. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

My old tree peony is a single dark red...delayayii  I think. It was planted in semi shade but has run under a path to form a thicket in shade. I cut down and dug out all the original planting, but any bit left in sends up a new shoot. It stand about five foot tall.

• LandlubberLandlubber Posts: 396

My peony is just started to bud - will show you all once they are in full flower. I decided not to move it to another place last year as I was worried about losing it......image