London (change)
Today 17°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 11°C
12 messages
14/09/2013 at 11:16

Anyone else have plants flowering now that shouldn't be? 

Garden yesterday had Choisya going for a 2nd flush and not just a few was covered. 

Have also seen weigelas flowering again and my wild strawberries are fruiting again! Not complaining had some on my breakfast 

14/09/2013 at 12:12

choisya is a good one for a second showing, not a lot else at the moment though..

a few alpine strawbs would be welcome

16/09/2013 at 12:26

I've had a few seeds come up and flower that the packet said would take till next summer, so thats been a pleasant surprise. Maybe i'm just reading the packets wrong... Harebells and icelandic poppies I think they are. 

16/09/2013 at 12:53

Rhododendron tried flowering again, but that's definately not a good thing, they should be growing buds bigger for spring not making a fast track to flowers now. Oh well its only 2 less in spring.

16/09/2013 at 12:54

Magnolia and apple blossom!

16/09/2013 at 12:57

I have a good crop of self sown Cerinthe major purpuracens seedlings, there is no way they will flower this year, and despite seed companies saying you can sow in August for early flowers nextyear, this lot will succumb to the frost.

16/09/2013 at 13:36

I've still got Cosmos (pink & white) flowering plus my climbing rose.  Also got sweet peas still poppng up.  Dahlias of course as well.  Wish my strawberries would crop again - yum!  Enjoy yours!

16/09/2013 at 14:07

All of my roses are back in full bloom, my hollyhocks are growing like triffids and still wonderfully full of flowers, my spencer sweetpeas are flowering like crazy even though I stopped dead-heading them nearly a month ago and one of my clematis is in flower for the third time this year. Most strangely, though, like Addict I have a new crop of strawberries. Not wild strawberries, but bog-standard early cropping ones that had finished by end of July.  The fruits are on the small side but perfectly red and sweet. Would be even nicer if I hadn't taken all the nets off to let the runners spread out. Still, its such an unexpected bonus anyway that I don't mind sharing the bounty with the birdies.

17/09/2013 at 21:16
MRweeds wrote (see)

Magnolia and apple blossom!

Apple blossom?!!!  Don't think those apples are going to make it somehow lol

17/09/2013 at 21:20

A clematis for a third time MACAVITY? Thats just showing off! 

17/09/2013 at 21:31

Lupins flowering for third time.  Delphiniums already twice and time for them to flower again.  Hellebores during the summer.  I often have gazanias, etc flowerimg in winter. Linum perenne that flowered from early spring and was cut back mid summer is now in full flower again.  It's been a brilliant summer for floweriing plants.

17/09/2013 at 21:36

Bill Mackenzie has been flowering for months but never stops so can't have a second or third flowering. He's still flowering with more buds to come, along with all the fluffy seed heads

email image
12 messages