London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
6 messages
27/04/2014 at 21:12

What is the best way to encourage my peace lily to flower? I have had the plant for about 4 years and although it had flowers on it when I got it, it hasn't had flowers since. I've heard it is difficult to get them to flower.......

I've just bought another peace lily and it would be great to preserve the flowers on it.

27/04/2014 at 21:50

Nor sure how you make them flower.  I have three plants and they all flower at different times when they fancy it.  I have one just coming into flower now and one just going out of flower and one with no signs of flowers.  Perhaps someone on here will know the answer Angela.

27/04/2014 at 22:00

I know you have to keep them moist and humid, so should spray them afew times a week. They also hate direct sunlight, and are a fan of shade. I bought one last year and forgot about it. Then I found it looking dead and shrivelled up. I soaked it and have kept in moist and cut all the foliage back. It come back very short, but it's flowering! I'm so happy...Yours will get there 

27/04/2014 at 22:16

Thank you Forester2 and Ryan.... I will just have to be patient. Also, will try to water them more frequently. I have one in a window and one in the middle of the room, so will see what happens - Thanks.

28/04/2014 at 00:57

They need good light, but not sunlight or their leaves get burnt.  A North-facing window is good.

28/04/2014 at 07:44

Somebody once told me to water them when they are begging for it.

email image
6 messages